Butterfly Novel

Monday, August 17, 2020

Bella: A Butterfly Novel

 

Bella: Part 1


Synopsis:

 In a world saturated with spiritual energy, sometimes we are not able to distinguish between flesh & blood, and principalities & powers. Darkness has been allotted the key to the abyss, but Light is the beholder of the whole universe.

In this compelling story, Bella, a reputable blogger and celebrity reporter, narrates her experience of accomplishing her dream to meet and interview one of the hottest music artists in her region.  But, based on some unexplained manifestations, Bella is soon to realize that, not only has she opened portals to another dimension, she has also created a soul tie that her subconscious cannot shake.  Rest assured, there is redemption waiting to snatch the kidnapped soul out of the demon’s lair; but if, and only if, the heart is willing to surrender itself to the Most High.

As you journey through this haunting underworld of manifestations, I invite you to picture the characters in your mind, and imagine the scenes in which the events unfold.  But take heed to the lessons allotted you by Father Yah, “For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities and powers; against wickedness in high places, against rulers of darkness of this world …” – Ephesians 6:12

 

 

Bella Chapter 1:  The Headliner

             Bella speaks: It is a clammy, yet pleasant night in my small town near Henderson County Kentucky.  Due to the previous day’s snow storm, each red maple tree stand half-naked, striking a theatrical pose.  Inside an after-hours hotspot, crowds of precarious partygoers are rocking out with back-to-back jams pumping through several stereo speakers embedded around art infested walls.  Standing front and center on the dance floor, I carefully scan the dimly lit room for a juicy Monday morning story to headline my reputable celebrity blog.  Bellathatella.org maintains at least one million hits daily, and that statistic does not even include nights and weekends. 

I am one of the few celebrity reporters allowed up close and personal with renowned men and women of the hip hop industry.  Of course, being easy on the eyes helps get your foot into the entryways of behind-the-scenes actions and exclusive parties as well.  But pizzazz, genuineness, and wit are the main keys to unlock those prestigious social doors; and I tend to believe that I possess all three characteristics, plus more. 

With my trusty microphone in hand, army green fitted pants, and olive colored top, I position myself close to Pete and tap my candy apple red stilettos to the ambient rhythm.  This bodacious melody literally places me in a trance, until an unexpected commotion abruptly precipitates ahead of me. 

Never one to miss any action, I motion for Pete and Thad to begin filming.  It could be only a minor altercation, or a group of friends just getting crunk. 

Whatever the case may be, my philosophy is, ‘film now, edit the tape later,’ because I never know what may be amiss!

As the crowd scream and close in on this inconspicuous distraction, heavy weight arms commence to intervene, creating a barrier between the fiends and a tall slim silhouette wearing dark grey athletic pants, and a puffer jacket over a long sleeved Henley t-shirt.  First, I catch a glimpse of the flawless size twelve sneakers gliding across the marble floor.  Next, my hazel pupils work their way up to a head full of dark brown neatly lined hair, and immediately I recognize that sun-kissed skin, and those sexy mysterious eyes from the internet article headline that I had scanned the previous day. The article read;

Brace Yourselves Townspeople: The Fantum Relocates To OUR City.

‘Whoa!  This is big,’ I say to myself.

The Fantum is not Kentucky’s average celebrity.  He is a ten-time platinum selling artist who boasts of forty Grammy awards.  And his hit songs have yet to drop from number one on the charts.  Not only is The Fantum famous for his catchy name, unique rap style, and illustrious lyrics, but his remarkable exit strategies prove gratifying as well. 

Also, fans all across the globe are aware of the endless philanthropic work that this world star engages in every now and again. 

‘I have to seize this opportunity!’

Head bobbing to the fresh pulses of his own composition, The Fantum awaits his cue to take the stage as his tongue maneuvers a toothpick emerging from the line of his jaw.  This is the perfect time for me to glide on in and land that delicious interview I have always hungered for.  I have been relentless in tracking down the Prince of Rap since he finished touring earlier this year.  And now, he is in my town, my territory; nowhere to run and nowhere to hide.  It’s Bella-time!

Mr. Fantum!” I yell over the thunderous bass exploding from the audio systems that encase me.  I commence to glide toward the music mogul while flashing a postcard sized I.D. at his bodyguards; reassuring them that I am not some desperate groupie.  Unfortunately for me though, my timing is not so great.  As the crowd goes wild, yet again, running to the edge of the stage, a huge palm meets my chest halfway from my intended destination.  The deejay’s introduction of the surprise guest also interjects my course of action, and The Fantum is making his way to the platform.  Lost in the depth of a reckless audience, I raise my neck to see over the crowd.  I despairingly search for another one of The Fantum’s protectors, but all three have followed him into the spotlight. 

A beast on stage, The Fantum’s performance is insane.  Some supporters sprint toward the terrace in an attempt to kidnap the artist for a night, while others slip undergarments from beneath their clothes, tossing them at The Fantum’s feet.

“Keep rolling,” I advise Pete and Thad as they force through the crowd to the side stairs.  But I do not have to admonish them twice.  Both cinematographers are video veterans with a combined total of ten years under their belts, so there is no denying they will capture all the action in every locality assigned to them.  But this particular assignment comes with a challenge that even the pros are not equipped to undertake.

“Wait …” Pete exclaims, rapidly shifting his camera back toward the stage. 

“… Where did he go?”

It appears as if The Fantum has pulled another one of his dramatic exits.  Once his onlookers get hyped and ready for an encore, The Fantum suddenly vanishes from the stage without warning, leaving his backup dancers entertaining the crowd on a solo level until the music subsides.  Meanwhile, his fans become even more excited and thirsty to be serenaded once again.  Sometimes, The Fantum may return.  But more often than not, he ceases to reappear.  On any occasion, The Fantum’s admirers always develop an eternal euphoria from his mysterious departures.  At this moment though, there is no time for me and my team to relish in this pathological state of mania. 

 We quickly rush backstage and dash through the emergency exit in pursuit of our bait for the evening, but he has managed to successfully escape.

“Oh nooo,” I softly utter, throwing up my hands in frustration.    

“He’s gone.”

The only things visible are a glowing license plate engraved with the words ‘The Fntm’, followed by a classic Cadillac full of bodyguards in tow.

“We have to get a hold of his itinerary,” I exhaustingly sigh.

Although I maintain the undisputed title of Top Celebrity Blogger in The State, I must gain access to this prestigious piece of jewel if I want an even better repute of my stardom website…

  

If you found this snippet interesting, and you would like to read the remainder chapters of this book, it is available for purchase on amazon.com for only $7.99. Or, you may download it for free with Kindle Unlimited. Click the link below for access.

https://www.amazon.com/Bella-Wooten-ebook/dp/B08RC7VTX5/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=Bella+by+A+Wooten&qid=1617378253&s=digital-text&sr=1-1

Thank you for supporting Butterfly Novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment